REQUIREMENTS TO SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES
1. The article is to be submitted in Word, in .rtf, .doc or docx. formats. It is advisable that the scope of material do not exceed 25 thousand characters with spaces. In case of the volume excess editors reserve the right to shorten articles. The article is sent to the editors by email. Accompanying documentation may be sent in a scanned form and/or by regular postal service.
1.1. Original articles should contain:
– UDC code;
– information on the author(s);
– key words (list separated by commas);
– text of the article;
– legends to all illustrative material (tables/photos/graphs) with numbering (for example, Table 1, Photo 1, Fig. 1) and full description (for example, Table 1. Results of electrochemical tests). Figures are given with the full legend, and then all digital and letter symbols are explained. It is necessary to specify the magnification in the legends to microphotographs;
– reference list prepared in accordance with the requirements for bibliography execution.
1.2. The first page contains the following information: title of the article, name of the author (s) and his (their) academic degrees and titles, positions, full name of the institution where the author (s) work (s), email of each author, city, country. Additionally, the authors should provide the phone number for the editors to remove questions on the article as they arise, and the address of the place of work with the index.
1.3. Special requirements are applied for the summary. Summary of the article is intended to serve as an independent of the article source of information. One of the explored options is when the summary recapitulates the structure of the article including an introduction, purposes and objectives, methods, results, conclusion.
Summary should be:
– informative (without common words);
– rich in contents (reflect main contents of the article and research results);
– structured (follow the logic of results description in the article);
– compact (at least 200-250 words!).
Thus the summary should provide the following:
– describe the main purpose of the study;
– explain the process of research performance, without the methodological details;
– summarize the most important results and explain their significance.
An example of the author's summary in English:
A considerable part of innovative plans concerning implementation of developments with underlying novelties either do not reach the implementing stage, or in fact yield less benefit than anticipated. One of the reasons of such failures is the fact that the manager lacks real tools for planning, evaluating and controlling innovations. The article brings forward the mechanism for a strategic planning of a company, based on the analysis of both inner company’s resources, and outer competitive strength, as well as on searching ways of using external opportunities with account taken of the company’s specific character. Strategic planning is based on a code of regulations and procedures containing a series of methods, the use of which makes it possible for company’s manager to ensure prompt measures of reaction to outer business environment changes. Such methods include: strategic segmentation; solving problems in realtime mode; diagnostics of strategic readiness to operate in the context of the future; working out a general plan of management; planning of the business position of the firm; strategic transformation of the company. Strategic planning process is presented as a closed cycle consisting of 9 successive stages, each of them represents a logical sequence of measures ensuring the dynamics of system development. The developed by the author strategic planning methods result in the recommendation to proceed to “interactive strategic management” which is conceptually based on the constructive potential of the collective body, on searching ways of its building on the basis of effective overcoming accelerating changes, increasing organizational complexity, and unpredictable changeability of the environment.
The same author's summary in Russian:
Значительная часть инновационных планов по внедрению изменений, содержащих в своей основе нововведения, либо не доходит до практической реализации, либо в действительности приносит гораздо меньше пользы, чем планировалось. Одна из причин этих тенденций кроется в отсутствии у руководителя реальных инструментов по планированию, оценке и контролю над инновациями. В статье предлагается механизм стратегического планирования компании, основанный на анализе как внутренних возможностей организации, так и внешних конкурентных сил, поиске путей использования внешних возможностей с учетом специфики компании. Стратегическое планирование опирается на свод правил и процедур, содержащих серию методов, использование которых позволяет руководителям компаний обеспечить быстрое реагирование на изменение внешней конъюнктуры. К таким методам относятся: стратегическое сегментирование; решение проблем в режиме реального времени; диагностика стратегической готовности к работе в условиях будущего; разработка общего плана управления; планирование предпринимательской позиции фирмы; стратегическое преобразование организации. Процесс стратегического планирования представлен в виде замкнутого цикла, состоящего из 9ти последовательных этапов, каждый из которых представляет собой логическую последовательность мероприятий, обеспечивающих динамику развития системы. Результатом разработанной автором методики стратегического планирования является предложение перехода к«интерактивному стратегическому менеджменту», который в своей концептуальной основе ориентируется на творческий потенциал всего коллектива и изыскание путей его построения на основе оперативного преодоления ускоряющихся изменений, возрастающей организационной сложности и непредсказуемой изменяемости внешнего окружения.
1.4. Keywords should reflect the main content of the article, if possible, not to repeat the title and summary terms, use the terms of the article text, as well as the definitions that define the subject area and other important concerns that contribute to facilitate and increase the possibility of articles finding by means of the information retrieval system.
1.5. Authors should use the modern Russian scientific terminology and do not use the "calques" terms transcribed from foreign words. Words and names abbreviations except for the common measures, physical and mathematical variables and terms are allowed only with the full name initial indication. Narrowly specialized terms should be defined.
1.6. The article should be carefully verified by the author. All the elements must be clearly marked in mathematical expressions: Latin and Greek letters, superscripts and subscripts, upper and lower case letters, similar letters and numbers by writing.
1.7. The reference list accompanying this article must include the works of national and foreign authors for the last 57 years. The original articles should have not more than 30 sources cited, surveys not more than 50.
1.8. Bibliographic references must be numbered. They are given in square brackets in accordance with the reference list in the text. The list is compiled according to the rules of reference lists execution in accordance with International Standard Bibliographic Description. The author is solely responsible for the accuracy of the reference list data.
2. Rules for execution of materials sent.
2.1. Rules for text materials execution:
– all pages should be numbered;
– full text of the article – Times New Roman, point size 12 6062 characters per line, 30 lines per page;
– all paragraphs should be leftaligned, paragraph indent 0, line spacing 1.5, wraps switched off, line/section/page and other breaks should be removed;
– lists should be made manually (!) with automatic formatting switched off;
– emphasis in the text – boldface;
– common abbreviations (for example, y year, million mln) and SI units for measuring physical and mathematical values should be used in the text;
– when typing formulas and notations from formulas in the text, Word equation builder with standard setting should be used. The Greek alphabet letters used for notation of mathematical and physical values should be also typed in the text using Word equation editor only (Greek alphabet direct lettering, Latin alphabet in Italics);
– a table should be provided in Word or Excel table formats only, imports from .pdf or .jpeg will not be accepted.
2.2. Rules for execution of graphic materials:
– plots and diagrams should be sent separately, in .ai, .tif, .jpeg, .eps formats, and are attached in the text;
– pictures should be sent in separate files in .jpeg, .gif, .tif formats, scale 1:1, resolution at least 300 dpi, without retouching and color correction. Pictures in Word will not be accepted.
3. If possible, the following elements of the article should be translated into English:
– information about the authors;
– article title;
– key words;
– reference list.
Authors must take a note on the high quality professional translation to be provided. Automated translation is strictly prohibited!
4.1. The author is definitely to sign the article. The multiauthored article should be signed by all authors. By signing the article, the author thereby transmits the right for its publication to editors, guarantees its originality and certifies that neither the article nor the drawings hereto have been published previously and are not sent for publication in other publications.
4.2. The author must have accurate and complete information on the research described in the article, which can be provided upon request.
4.3. The author has no right to submit one article for publication in several scientific publications. In case of use the information, which was previously published in the article, the author must indicate the source and author of the information cited. Furthermore, the author must provide the editor with a copy of the article cited.
4.4. The author must confirm that his/her article is original, and specify the sources of the information cited, if any, in order to obtain a permit for other authors’ works references.
4.5. The author is responsible for adherence to the national and local laws. The author must obtain approval for publication from the organization that conducted research.
4.6. Presence or absence of potential conflict of interests must be stated (for example, competing interests that, in the author’s opinion, may have direct or indirect influence on the process of publication).
4.7. In case of significant error identification in the publication, the author is obliged to notify the editor immediately. During the whole process of publication, the author must cooperate with the editor and publisher, adding, subtracting, and correcting the article if necessary. In case of significant error, inaccuracy, etc. identified after the publication, the editors reserve the right to withdraw the published article.
4.8. The author takes full responsibility for a possible plagiarism of the text, drawings, etc. Any violation of copyrights will be reviewed according to the COPE algorithm. Articles submitted with violation of the execution guidelines will not be reviewed.